* The search is limited to articles published after 2010.
Yonhap News places great emphasis on safeguarding personal information of all users and abides by laws promoting information network utilization and information protection.
Yonhap News fully understands the purpose and use of the personal information provided by subscribers and what measures need to be taken to protect their privacy.
To that end, we have set up a personal information processing policy to protect rights of people using Yonhap's news service.
The following information can be automatically collected while accessing Yonhap's website via a PC or a mobile device, or using the Yonhap app.
1. History of service, including name, IP address, cookies, email address, date and time of visit, and service use record.II. Purpose for collecting and use of personal information
The company uses the collected personal information for the following purposes.
1. Basic information about service provisions.
Providing customized services, including content delivery and mailing service.
2. New service development and marketing.
Develop new and customized services to use and facilitate the delivery of information.III. Retention and use of personal information
Once the purpose of collecting and using personal information has been achieved, the company will immediately destroy the information.IV. Regarding installation, operation and rejection of automatic collection of personal information
1. Purpose of Cookies
- The company analyzes the frequency, visit time, track record and number of visits of non-members visiting the website of Yonhap News to understand user's tastes and interests, and provide targeted marketing and personalized services.
Members have the choice of installing cookies. As a result, members have options that they can set in the web browser: to allow all cookies, to be used whenever required or to refuse to save all cookies.
* How to decline cookie settings
Example: To decline cookie settings, you can either allow all cookies by checking the option of your web browser, check each time you save cookies, or refuse to save all cookies. However, if you refuse to store cookies, some services of Yonhap News that require a login may be difficult to use.
Setting method example (for Internet Explorer):
Set at the top of the web browser under Tools> Internet Options> Privacy> Privacy levelV. Feedback and Complaint Processing
The company takes the following measures to prevent personal information from being lost, stolen, leaked, altered or damaged in processing the personal information of members.
1. Designate and educate a specialist
- The company restricts the processing of personal information to dedicated personnel and always emphasizes compliance with the personal information processing policy through education.
2. Measures against hacking
- The company is doing its best to prevent the leakage and damage of personal information of members through hacking or computer viruses. In order to prevent personal information from being damaged, we back up the data from time to time. We use the latest vaccine program to prevent personal information and data from being leaked or damaged. We can securely transmit personal information on the network through encrypted communication. We are also using all possible technical equipment to ensure the security of data in our possession.